cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Samsung galaxy S7 compatibility issue

jdgange
4-Participant

Samsung galaxy S7 compatibility issue

While trying to install Chalk from the Google Play store on two different S7's we get: "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

All the documents show the S7 is. 

9 REPLIES 9
tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:jdgange)

What OS is your device running? You need Android 8 or higher to use Chalk on an S7 and S7 Edge. 

jdgange
4-Participant
(To:tmccombie)

Both phones are running version 8

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Can you provide the model number of the devices and the exact OS version they are running? Is this a fresh install of the Chalk app or an upgrade? 

jdgange
4-Participant

Both phones should be the same (company issued phones):

Galaxy S7 active

Model SM-G891A

Android Version 8.0

Build # R16NW.G891AUCU6CTB1

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Thanks, we will take a look. 

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Samsung Galaxy S7 is a different device than the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active. The Active is not an officially supported device at this time, but we have added S7 Active as a device that can download Chalk. You should now be able to download Chalk from the play store. 

jdgange
4-Participant

Thanks! 

I'll have them give it another try and report back.

jdgange
4-Participant

They were able to install the program on their S7 Active. Neither of us were able to draw on the screen. 

Thinking it had to do with the S7, One of them upgraded to a 10S. Same problem. Neither of us were able to draw on the screen. 

I did a test with a fellow employee. We both have Note8's. Worked as it should with drawing on the screen and all. 

I'm not sure what is going on with my remote customer.

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Can you provide some additional details on the scenario using the 10s? Which device was sharing their view? Did the 'local user' (the one sharing their view) follow the initial prompts guiding the user to help create a map of their environment? They should see a "Well Done" message after successfully doing so. 

Since the S7 active isn't officially supported, Chalk Marks may not work when using those devices. Did the local user get the 'Well Done' message in the call using two S7 actives? 

Top Tags