cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Vuforia Chalk Device Support

tmccombie
21-Topaz I

Vuforia Chalk Device Support

Check out the Vuforia Chalk  website for an up to date list of supported devices. 

If you have any questions on supported devices or requests, feel free to leave them below! 

11 REPLIES 11
BalaMandani
5-Regular Member
(To:tmccombie)

Does the chalk support recording/saving of video shared or annotations made?

LizPurdy
13-Aquamarine
(To:BalaMandani)

@BalaMandani,

Great question!  Recording/saving of Chalk sessions is on the product roadmap.  The capability is not yet in place.  We don't have a specific target date for implementing this functionality yet.

When we release new features, we will announce them to all in this community forum.

Keep the ideas coming!

Liz Purdy

Chengli
4-Participant
(To:LizPurdy)

Hello, is this function available yet? it has been a year. If not, when? Thanks!

LizPurdy
13-Aquamarine
(To:Chengli)

Chengli,

This functionality is targeted for the first half of 2020.

We implemented Session Summary functionality that captures snapshots of the Chalk session (supported in the Business version).  This may help meet needs in the interim.

Regards,

Liz

Chengli
4-Participant
(To:LizPurdy)

Thanks! How about the hololenz support in Chalk? I was told it will be available sometime in the summer this year. Any changes on this target? Thanks!

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:Chengli)

We do not have a current ETA for Chalk on HoloLens. It is a device we would like to support and continue to evaluate options to enable support. 

rclarke
6-Contributor
(To:tmccombie)

Hi Tara - do we have any updated info on potential future support for HoloLens and other eyewear with Chalk? Have a customer interested to know the latest.

Regards & best wishes - Roy

tmccombie
21-Topaz I
(To:rclarke)

Hi Roy,

We are still actively investigating solutions to support Chalk on the HoloLens 2 while support for RealWear is in active development at this time.

[deleted]

Hi Tara,

I trialled Vuforia on 2 mobile devices. Both devices (Xiaomi & OnePlus) are not on the compatibility list.

When Xiaomi shared video, live annotation does not work on both devices.

When OnePlus shared video, live annotation works on both devices.

Is there any way to get it to work on both because obviously the Xiaomi phone has AR toolkit.

Cheers,

Dylan

i came across one customer where they wanted to know about there existing device is supported for vuforia chalk or not. because devices they have are not listed in supported devices of vuforia chalk

Top Tags