cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Vuforia Chalk - availability in more countries

pjahn
16-Pearl

Vuforia Chalk - availability in more countries

According to the website (https://chalk.vuforia.com/download-chalk.html) the app is currently available only in those countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, US.

Is there a time frame for the availability in further countries (e. g. Turkey)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @j_kaczynski -- we were recently cleared to allow Chalk to downloaded (from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store) and purchased for all territories except for Turkey, Israel, Russia and China.

There are items we need to update in our Mobile App, therefore, those updates will be made this month in order to ship and make available in the app store territories (including Poland) in ~mid-October.

Best,

Dan Hitomi
Product

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
danhitomi
11-Garnet
(To:pjahn)

Hi @pjahn - no timeframe at this moment.

We are actively looking to prioritize additional territories, but customer feedback is helpful in informing our priorities.

Can you confirm your territory (e.g., Turkey) is preventing you or your colleagues to evaluate Chalk, whereby, your colleagues are currently unable to find + download Chalk from their App Store in their territory?

Best,

Dan Hitomi
Product

@danhitomi 

It can confirm that it is preventing potential customers in some territories from downloading the app on their devices.

Is the listing of territories up to date? https://chalk.vuforia.com/download-chalk.html

danhitomi
11-Garnet

@pjahn thanks for confirming.

Yes the link you provided is where we publish our current list of territories we distribute to and available to purchase.

I'm looking into this topic, so let me get back to you. Is Turkey the specific territory you're hoping we add or was that just an example? Also, one more question - are you based in Turkey or are you trying to test with a person or factory in Turkey?

Thanks,

Dan Hitomi
Product

@danhitomi

I am based in Austria. The prospect is based in Turkey.

danhitomi
11-Garnet

@pjahn got it - thanks for your feedback.

I don't have an answer for Turkey right now - but I will register it as part of our goal to distribute to more territories.

Best,

Dan Hitomi
Product

Is there any roadmap available that shows when Chalk will be available in several more countries?

danhitomi
11-Garnet

Hi @pjahn -- I've been working on clearing more territories and have kept you in mind (e.g., Turkey).

I hope to have an update soon (in a week or so). In the meantime, if there are specific territories in addition to Turkey you'd like to prioritize let me know.

FYI - we have cleared the following territories for purchase this week: "near Russia territories" (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus (fka Belorussia), Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, Moldova (aka Moldavia), Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan) and Ireland. Customers in these territories will be able to download the Chalk app from the Apple or Google app store in September.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Hitomi
Product

Hi Dan,

I'll let myself to cut in... Do you know any plans for Poland? From Sept Chalk will be available to download in many countries around, we have also a potential market here...;)

Best regards,

Jakub.

Hi @j_kaczynski -- we were recently cleared to allow Chalk to downloaded (from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store) and purchased for all territories except for Turkey, Israel, Russia and China.

There are items we need to update in our Mobile App, therefore, those updates will be made this month in order to ship and make available in the app store territories (including Poland) in ~mid-October.

Best,

Dan Hitomi
Product

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your prompt response, that's a really good news!

Best regards,

Jakub.

Top Tags