cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Convert HoloLens experience to Mobile Experience

Dhaval_Bendale
7-Bedrock

Convert HoloLens experience to Mobile Experience

Hello All,

I have created a simple AR experience in Hololens where i have a 3d panel on which I placed 3D buttons on it.

Now i want to convert the exact task into the mobile experience, where 3d buttons will be converted to 3d images which could be visible in mobile.

Please provide solution to this, will be very thankfull!

Regards,

Dhaval.

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Dhaval_Bendale ,

so far I remember the 3D Panel's are  introduces some time ago because on the 3D eyewear device (HoloLens ) there is no 2D View- where you add 2d elements like 2D buttons , list , Tables (Repeater widget , DataGrid etc.) In this case 2D elements  behavior is similar to the 3D Panel when the Panel in not pinned - so 3DPanel moves in front of you when your view vector change - means you rotate, slope or move the device  - so the location of the 3D panel will change in front of your device. Is that behavior what you want to  have ? The 2D elements stays always on the screen and are  normal to view direction and have the distance defined by device - face distance - so the mostly there is not necessary to implement such behavior on the mobile devices like 3D Panel, and possibly therefore there is not such elements developer for the mobile devices.

But in generally it is possible.

So for static 3D buttons on Mobile  you can use any  3d objects - there  the click event is used - or to add userpick action also for 3D Models. Example d here is  How to create a custom button pressable on HoloLens device?  so there is 3d model used as kind of 3d button panel. But you can have more easy way where you can simple use 3DImage and listen on the click event of them.  Here see also this article  Is 3d Widget Dialog possible? also important are some further links from this document but also this one could be good to check:  Design UI in 3D Eyewear (Hololens II)

In case that you want to implement on mobile a panel which will move with the eye vector in particular distance in front of your device you need to use some techniques as described on How can we make a 3D Widget on HoloLens visible in front of me everytime ?

Please , note, that the consideration in this document  are done for the HoloLens device before a 3d Panel are available  and  this was the attempt to have some kind of  2D panels on 3D device when they  are required. But the described in the document technique  could be used also with mobile devices.

Top Tags