cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo View Sequence Name Bug

AlexK
14-Alexandrite

Creo View Sequence Name Bug

Hi Community,

When I use an underscore ( _ ) in a Creo View sequence name it converts it in the .pvi file to ( _5F )  when I publish the PVZ.

Example: sequence_1 becomes sequence_5F1.pvi

Thanks for fixing this bug.

Best wishes,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AlexK ,

thanks for reporting this issue to the community. I tested it and could reproduce the issue according your description with any model. e.g. I tested in Creo Illustrate 8.0.0 and could observe that in  the pvi names the underscore characters from the c3di figures names are replaced  by the string  "_5F"

But ...

When we take the published model in Vuforia Studio - in this case it works fine and displays the underscore character correctly -  e.g. :

When we have in Creo Illustrate a Figure with the name  "Figure_test_underscore" when we publish then the c3di to pvz format and later unzip the file we can see:  for the figure/sequence "Figure_test_underscore"  then the corresponding    pvi file name is "l-Creo 3D - Figure_5Ftest_5Funderscore.pvi"

But when we load the same pvz file to Studio and used it in a model widget then the sequence list property will display the correct name "Figure_test_underscore" and it will work correctly.

On the other side when I try to "correct" the name by removing the "5F" it will not work. 

YEs this is a change but this change is only for  the internal pvi name (internal part of the pvz file format) . I want to remember that the name of the pvi file does not corresponds 100% to  the piv name. For example it contains also the prefix "l-Creo 3D -" so that such change when the model is working  correctly could not be classified by 100% as bug. I will ask dev team if this change was intended or not.(mistake)

My question: are there any problems which are affected by this change? Could you please, provide example where we can see that this change will affect your workflow?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @AlexK ,

thanks for reporting this issue to the community. I tested it and could reproduce the issue according your description with any model. e.g. I tested in Creo Illustrate 8.0.0 and could observe that in  the pvi names the underscore characters from the c3di figures names are replaced  by the string  "_5F"

But ...

When we take the published model in Vuforia Studio - in this case it works fine and displays the underscore character correctly -  e.g. :

When we have in Creo Illustrate a Figure with the name  "Figure_test_underscore" when we publish then the c3di to pvz format and later unzip the file we can see:  for the figure/sequence "Figure_test_underscore"  then the corresponding    pvi file name is "l-Creo 3D - Figure_5Ftest_5Funderscore.pvi"

But when we load the same pvz file to Studio and used it in a model widget then the sequence list property will display the correct name "Figure_test_underscore" and it will work correctly.

On the other side when I try to "correct" the name by removing the "5F" it will not work. 

YEs this is a change but this change is only for  the internal pvi name (internal part of the pvz file format) . I want to remember that the name of the pvi file does not corresponds 100% to  the piv name. For example it contains also the prefix "l-Creo 3D -" so that such change when the model is working  correctly could not be classified by 100% as bug. I will ask dev team if this change was intended or not.(mistake)

My question: are there any problems which are affected by this change? Could you please, provide example where we can see that this change will affect your workflow?

Thanks!

AlexK
14-Alexandrite
(To:RolandRaytchev)

Hi Roland,

Now that I know about the issue, it doesn't really bother me.

Best wishes,

Alex

Top Tags