cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Decode 3D model binary file from ThingWorx

Rynaldi
8-Gravel

Decode 3D model binary file from ThingWorx

Hi,

I am trying to load 3D model from ThingWorx File Repository in Vuforia Studio. I have read the post here: Solved: How to load 3D model in runtime from Thingworx Fil... - PTC Community, but how am I actually supposed to decode the binary file from the LoadBinary service? In case of a video or image, we can specify the data type to be video/mp4 or image/png or image/jpeg and so on. 

var ret_str='data:video/mp4;base64,'+args.data[0].Content;

But which data type should be used for a 3D model? And in this case, should the 3D CAD file be in PVZ format or are other file formats also supported (such as FBX, STP, etc)? But the main point is, first, how to decode the binary file to be readable and assign it to the source of the Model widget?

Best regards,

Rynaldi

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Rynaldi. In thingworx filerepository you have got service called GetFileListingWithLinks.

for example: 

GetFileListingWithLinks with example parameters:
path: '/Models/',
nameMask: 'model.pvz'

Response from this service is 'downloadLink' and you have to bind this variable to src of the model widget in vuforia studio 🙂

Top Tags