cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ER - Move and Rotate initial position of Model target

T.Nakamura
8-Gravel

ER - Move and Rotate initial position of Model target

Dear PTC Support team

Trying to tracking by model target, but may have trouble(sometimes can't tracking) with specifications that do not allow us to change the initial position.
Our environment is On-premises,we can't use advanced target in vuforia studio.

We request to more easy tracking for model target.

I propose three ideas as attached file.

Would you consider it?

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @T.Nakamura,

thanks for your ER report. I forwarded your request for  to PTC AR R&D / Product Management as Jira Ticket VTS-1182 (you can use also this as reference in discussions with PTC Technical Support). I will provide an update when there is a feedback  to the Jira ticket. Possibly somebody from  Product Management team or R&D will directly answer on this topic

Hi @T.Nakamura,

Thank you for your question! Could you tell me a little more about your use case? After you are tracking the car body, what is the next steps of your AR experience? 

Thank you for your reply and apologies for replying late to you.

We check the position of weld points after tracking.

Car body have about 3,000 weld points.

I know its tricky to have different positions for model target. But there is another way as well which is more manipulative method. Instead of using entire car body to track what u can use is simple part of car like headlight or windshield  for only model tracking. In this scenario what you can do is nothing but 2 models. one model for model tracking and another for entire car.

Thank you for your reply and apologies for replying late to you.

I had tried your idea then result is absolutory good tracking performance and very convenient for initial tracking!

But when I will first trial for new parts , we want have multi initial tracking position if we can't know attitude of physical parts.

If we completely figure out attitude of physical parts , initial tracking position is only one of enough. don't need multi initial tracking position.

But that's not really the case.

yes i completely agree with you. but again to solave this for initial tracking what can we do is.....just provide an image for initial tracking when you open the experience.

once you open the experience by default image will be visible on screen which will guide you that from where or from which position we should start initial tracking. As you said anyhow we dont know the position, that image will show from where you need to face the vehicle or vice versa where you need to stand initially to start experience.

I know this is not the perfect solution but till PTC R&D team working on this we can use this for immediate effect instead of waiting for an update. Anyhow we need to deal or find feasible  solution with all kind of platform(Studio) constraint.

Top Tags