cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Enhancement Request - Reorient Canvas to Match Thingworx View orientation with Thingmark pointed up.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Enhancement Request - Reorient Canvas to Match Thingworx View orientation with Thingmark pointed up.

Maybe I'm missing it...but I'm having a hard time reorienting the canvas to match up with what the view would open up with in Thingworx View.  It would be nice to have a reorient with respect to the up direction of the thingmark as shown in the second picture.  Or as an alternate option, reorient to original position so I don't have to exit out of Thingworx Studio and come back in.   I'm using nice round numbers for the orientation and rotation of the model.  I believe this functionality would help users in positioning the labels and gauges relative to the model. 

re-orient.JPG

re-orient-2.JPG

re-orient-3.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
katte
1-Newbie
(To:BillRyan)

I do get your perspective, changing the canvas position based on the ThingMark location is definitely a good option. When it comes to broader view, it might affect in other case like - if customer is using multiple ThingMarks to a single 3d model  etc.,

Can I know your specific requirement for requesting this feature? That would be helpful for us to either suggest a workaround or a story for enhancement.

Thanks,
Giri

BillRyan
15-Moonstone
(To:katte)

Giri, Thanks...a workaround will be appreciated also!  Some of the cad tool functionality out of Creo is already built into the Studio ribbon.  (zoom selected and mate).  At the very least, the ribbon or canvas needs an orientation function similar to what I'm showing in Creo View.

In regards to being able to orient based on the Thingmark, I'm imagining the workflow similar to zoom selected where the user selects and makes active the thingmark, then in the ribbon select the orient function.

Think about the user experience with ipad/iphone camera scanning the Thingmark...about 99% of the time, the user is going to put the phone directly in front of the thingmark, whether it is on the floor, wall or model.  I want to have that view while I'm working on the canvas with the thingmark...it will make placing the gauges and other 3d widgets so much easier.

reorient.JPG

Hello,

i also would like to have the possibility to orient the 3D canvas, so that the view is exactly parallel to the global x-, y- or z-axis (or perpendicular to the global xy-plane...)

Top Tags