cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problems with camera focus in ThingWorx View app

AllanThompson
16-Pearl

Problems with camera focus in ThingWorx View app

Hi All,

I've got 2 iPads that I use for showing AR experiences, an older iPad Air 2 and a 10" iPad Pro.  On the iPad Pro, the camera does not autofocus when in ThingWorx View, often making it hard to read a ThingMark, or making the physical objects out-of-focus when getting close to see augmented information.  But on the older iPad Air, it focuses fine.

Any ideas on what's happening here?  They are both running the same OS (latest 11) and the same version of the app (8.2.2)

Many thanks,

Allan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:dupatel)

@AllanThompson: As per internal update this seems to be a known issue on iOS ARKit devices (the newer devices) with iOS 11.3.  We have a fix for this coming the next release of View, due out next week, May 10th.

-Durgesh

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@AllanThompson: I am not sure if there is any recent change done in this regard which could cause device specific issue. Do you see issue when a same experience is been scanned using 2 different iPad? Is the behavior same irrespective of project and could you please detail of the project type to reproduce the issue.

Meanwhile, will also check internally if someone has observed the issue or has understanding what might cause this behavior.

-Durgesh

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:dupatel)

@AllanThompson: As per internal update this seems to be a known issue on iOS ARKit devices (the newer devices) with iOS 11.3.  We have a fix for this coming the next release of View, due out next week, May 10th.

-Durgesh

Thanks Durgesh.  I'll look for the update in a few days.

Just updated the the new version of the View app and now it focuses.  Thanks!

@AllanThompson Thank you for confirming Allan.

-Durgesh

Top Tags