Im' trying to create an experience from a model that contain some decals (such as a LCD display or a company sticker).
Those decals are visible in Creo Parametric.
Is there any chance that i could keep those decals in my experience ? As far as i know, when publishing this file in pvz format, the decals are lost.
So there might be another format or way of doing it ?
Thanks for your help,
there are 2 ways of doing it:
and then you can import it as TWX Studio resource.
Uploading the zip file directly is not working for me as an object to choose. I thought of adding it manually to the resources folder. However it does not show up as a select-able resource for a model widget. What am I missing?
I'm having the same issue. I have tried with the same example listed and no luck.
Could you give some more detail please?
I got the following feedback from R&D:
For the School_Bus_Wrecked.zip, there is a .dae file inside this. Remove it and add it as resource or publish .obj inside this zip using obj2pv and use that PVZ. For this data set, there is issue in processing DAE file that’s why you can’t see any geometry.
When I removed the .dae file from my zip it worked perfectly and I could see the texture in the Thingworx Studio editor, preview and also in ThingWorx View on Android (haven't tested Android/Win10). Here is the result to give you an impression:
I am still missing something. Do you upload the zip directly or do you unzip and upload the files individually? Maybe a screen shot of your resources would be helpful
it should look like this...
pay attention to the scale of the bus.
Import the obj file - but no "CAD optimization!". After uploading it, it becomes a .pvz .
Afterwards put all the other files (despite the .dae) into the resources by pressing the plus.
Hope it helps
Thanks. That did help and I got it to work. The question now is how to get Creo Models with Textures to show up like the bus above. I tried Blender to create a OBJ with a material but that did not work.
it's the same workflow....unfortunately.
With blender you need to make sure that the textures are exported as well and mapped inside the obj file... there is a setting for it in Blender - I can't recap right now.
What Martin did obviously worked. I did it a bit differently: I zipped up all resources as shown in the 7-zip screenshot above - without the .dae in the zip file. The zip file name is <obj_file_base_name>.zip - in the case above the obj file is School_Bus_Wrecked.obj and the zip file name is School_Bus_Wrecked.zip. Adding this zip file as a resource converts it to a pvz file with the textures embedded in it:
When opening in CreoView you won't see these textures, but in Thingworx Studio and Thingworx View they are used.