cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Vuforia trial version issue

cmelancon
7-Bedrock

Vuforia trial version issue

I have an issue while running the trial of Vuforia Studio on my Windows 10. I get the following log:
[2020-03-04T21:27:03.305Z] error: [twx-studio:index] uncaughtExceptionlisten EACCES: permission denied 127.0.0.1:3000 Error: listen EACCES: permission denied 127.0.0.1:3000
at Server.setupListenHandle [as _listen2] (net.js:1289:21)
at listenInCluster (net.js:1354:12)
at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.doListen [as callback] (net.js:1493:7)
at GetAddrInfoReqWrap.onlookup [as oncomplete] (dns.js:65:10) {
code: 'EACCES',
errno: 'EACCES',
syscall: 'listen',
address: '127.0.0.1',
port: 3000
} uncaughtException

I checked and nothing seems to run on that port. I tried what was on the forums (changed the PORT environment variable) and nothing works. I was able to install it on my personal laptop, but not on my professional one (which is required). Is there a way to diagnose the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jimwang
14-Alexandrite
(To:cmelancon)

If you have tried to change the port, and the error message shows that it could not have permission to access to the new port, another thing you can check is the system's Network configuration. It might not use the default Ethernet configuration. To check that, if it is possible, you can try to install Apache, set the listening port to 3000 in httpd.conf, restart Apache, and see if it works.

It will be helpful to understand if it is related to network configuration or operating permission or both.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
sdidier
17-Peridot

Hello cmelancon,

The solution is in your professional laptop :

1. In Windows, in Start menu
  2. Enter cmd
  3. On Command Prompt icon, right click, in popup menu, select Run as Administrator
  4. In Command Prompt window, enter this command netstat -a -b > result.log
  5. In C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder, collect result.log file and share it with us, please

When opening this result.log file in a text editor, searching this string :3000, we should be able to find the ip address and the process name who is using this port.

It is a good start to investigate.

Best regards,

Samuel

Hi,

I did the check and nothing is running on port 3000.

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite

If you have tried to change the port, and the error message shows that it could not have permission to access to the new port, another thing you can check is the system's Network configuration. It might not use the default Ethernet configuration. To check that, if it is possible, you can try to install Apache, set the listening port to 3000 in httpd.conf, restart Apache, and see if it works.

It will be helpful to understand if it is related to network configuration or operating permission or both.

Hi,

Finally, I managed to find a port that was not blocked. I added the PORT environment variable with port 5050 and now it is working.

Thank you

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite

It seems that there is something not allowing the process to listen on port 3000 in your OS.

1. Do you try to install it with "Run as Administrator" and start it with Admin privilege?

2. Make sure there is no other process running in port 3000. You can check it via cmd command: netstat -ano|findstr 3000

3. Check if there is other node.exe process running through Task Manager.

Jimwang
14-Alexandrite
(To:Jimwang)

Another thought is about Windows Defender Guard in Win10. You may check if the Firewall or AntiVirus application block the port. If it is possible, try to turn off Firewall temporally and see if it is related.

Hi,

I tried all of that and I get always the same log. Nothing is running on port 3000 according to the netstat result. I event tried to change the port through the PORT environment variable and no success. The only node.exe running is the one started by Vuforia.

Also, my firewall is turned off.

Thank you

Top Tags