cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

shaders and colors

GianVal
15-Moonstone

shaders and colors

I'm using creo illustrate to create an assembly sequence. In Illustrate I see some black components and in Vuforia Studio they turn into grey. Why? I suppose is a matter of shaders? How to solve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Right, this sounds like a default color issue.

One thing to keep in mind, if you're using Creo to modify the CAD: you will need to make sure any appearance characteristics are applied at the part level, and not at the assembly level. If you assign an appearance at the assembly level, it will be ignored by Vuforia. So you'll have to open each part in Creo and apply appearance there.

So, it might be easiest to fix this in Creo Illustrate instead, where you can select multiple components and apply a color to them all at once. You can do this at the figure level (in your sequence), or you can do it in the Edit Structure view to apply it to all sequences in your file.

Another option is to create modelItems for the uncolored parts in Vuforia Studio, and assign colors there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

very likely down to the Creo "default" color - no color actually defined - which i believe can se set to different colors e.g. I know its a setting you can choose in Creoview - i set mine to be pink so that i can see the "default" colors easily

I believe that in Studio, the default color is fixed, and is set to grey.

To fix it, you would probably want to assign a real color in Creo (or illustrate), and not rely on default.

Right, this sounds like a default color issue.

One thing to keep in mind, if you're using Creo to modify the CAD: you will need to make sure any appearance characteristics are applied at the part level, and not at the assembly level. If you assign an appearance at the assembly level, it will be ignored by Vuforia. So you'll have to open each part in Creo and apply appearance there.

So, it might be easiest to fix this in Creo Illustrate instead, where you can select multiple components and apply a color to them all at once. You can do this at the figure level (in your sequence), or you can do it in the Edit Structure view to apply it to all sequences in your file.

Another option is to create modelItems for the uncolored parts in Vuforia Studio, and assign colors there.

Top Tags