cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Add Name beside Change Object Number in Title

JS_10265661
4-Participant

Add Name beside Change Object Number in Title

Currently the title display is "Change Object Type - OBJECTNUMBER, CAGE CODE"

The desired title display is "Change Object Type - OBJECTNUMBER, OBJECTNAME, CAGE CODE"

Windchill PDMLink 12.0.2.5

Similar to how WTDocuments and WTParts display the information in the title, only without the requirement for revision. 

I was unable to find any preferences that address this

3 REPLIES 3

Hah, I asked the same question slightly differently.... let me know if you figure out anything!

jbailey_0-1687449991257.png

Hi @JS_10265661 

The display identity is managed by service delegate. Each Type has own delegate and is configured in a service.properties in a codeabse 

service definition for WTpart 

wt.services/svc/default/wt.identity.DisplayIdentification/null/wt.part.WTPart/3=wt.identity.DisplayIdentificationWTPartDelegate/duplicate

extends a wt.identity.DisplayIdentificationWTPartDelegate with own Java class and modify the getDisplayIdentity as you need. 

set the preference with own class replace wt.identity.DisplayIdentificationWTPartDelegate to your class "com.ext.MyDisplayWTPDelegate"

OOTB getDisplayIdentity for WTPart

public DisplayIdentity getDisplayIdentity() {
    DisplayIdentity var1 = this.getFromCache();
    if (var1 != null) {
      return var1;
    } else {
      StandardViewVersionedDisplayIdentity var2 = new StandardViewVersionedDisplayIdentity(this.getResourceBundle(), this.getMessageKey(), this.getDisplayType(), this.getDisplayIdentifier(), this.getConceptIdentity(), this.getVersionIdentity(), this.getIterationIdentity(), this.getIterationIdentitySansView());
      return var2;
    }
  }

described example is for WTPart object. 

for WTDocument there is another preference definition and Class 

wt.services/svc/default/wt.identity.DisplayIdentification/null/wt.doc.WTDocument/3=wt.identity.DisplayIdentificationWTDocumentDelegate/duplicate

HelesicPetr_0-1687770024479.png

Hope this can help.

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags