cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Auto Associate WTPart attributes to EMP CAD on Wizard

AR_10604442
1-Newbie

Auto Associate WTPart attributes to EMP CAD on Wizard

I am using Windchill PDM Link Release 11.1 M020-CPS16.

When I create a Part with the "New Part" button, at the bottom there a option to create a CAD Document. Number and Name are automatically set on the CAD Document Tab. Although, I have Attribute1, which on Type and Managemente Attribute has the same internal name for WTPart and EPM Document, that is not being set.

My question is, is there a preference or way to set this attribute on my wizard? Or this functionality will need a customization?

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:AR_10604442)

Are you referring to this screen at the end of the Part creation where it creates the CAD document?

avillanueva_0-1698262652259.png

Are you looking to see the attributes for the CAD document displaying that you've added to the EPMDocument in Type Manager? Just trying to clarify your question. Send a screen shot of what you see. I checked my system and in the workspace, when I create a new CAD Document, none of the additional attributes are available in that UI as well.  Looks similar to above. The only other place I would try would be OIR rules if you want to have them default to something.  

Yes, that screen.

Let's said I am creating a Part, which has an attribute named "City". Said attribute is on WTPart and EPM Document, with the same internal name. 

AR_10604442_0-1698264464226.png

This is on Set Attributes for WT Part.

On the final step, Create CAD Document, I have Ontario on the options for City, but it is not selected and it's letting users to create the EPM Doc with a different value, which is wrong.

AR_10604442_1-1698264567245.png

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:AR_10604442)

Sry for more questions. So that is what you are seeing and is your question that why does it allow users to select two different values for the same attribute on part and EPM doc?

Attribute propagation, based on build rules and association type, is from CAD Document to WTPart, not the other way around. So if the CAD doc is linked to the Part as an "owner" it should propagate those attribute values for City to the Part so they match. If they are not, I suspect that there might be something special with this UI that is not picking that up. Let's do some testing for this attribute:

• Part set to Ontario and CAD Doc is blank: Report result of each attribute after creation
  • Part unset and CAD Doc is set to Ontario: Report result of each attribute after creation
  • Part is set to Ontario and CAD Doc is set to some other city value: Report result of each attribute after creation
  • After creation, change the value of the CAD document (in workspace) to some other city: Report result of each after check in.

• City is required, so this combination is not possible.
  • City is required, so this combination is not possible.
  • Creation reported no problem. Part has Ontario as City, EPM Doc has Los Angeles as City.
  • Creation reported no problem. Part from WTPart and EPM Doc now has different values on City.

Top Tags