cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

BOM Report Customization

SK_10592306
4-Participant

BOM Report Customization

Version: Windchill 12.0

Use Case: Can we print parent part details to a jsp page using end item in windchill through customization for a bom report.

Description:

Can we print parent part details to a jsp page using end item in windchill through customization

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:SK_10592306)

Yes, this is a custom JSP page that you can link in to the Reports dropdown. Check out older copies of the Customizer's Guide (11.1 since I could not find it in online help). Page 1114, Customizing a Bill of Materials. From that framework, you can modify the JSP to add your where used information on top. You need to have experience with JSP, Java and customizing pages. Also, note that a where used can get large since it ripples up many branches especially if the component is used in many places. See how the current Where used page is displayed. Its basically a tree.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Short answer is yes. Are you looking to call a BOM report on an Part show parts below AND look upwards to the where used and show that information as well? Or is the parent part you talked about the starting point? I have a report that has a header with attribute information on the starting point. Anything is possible and there is a documented method of adding a custom report in the customerizer's guide.

From end item part to show the details of parent part(whole structure)  i.e where used in the bom report. Thanks.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Yes, this is a custom JSP page that you can link in to the Reports dropdown. Check out older copies of the Customizer's Guide (11.1 since I could not find it in online help). Page 1114, Customizing a Bill of Materials. From that framework, you can modify the JSP to add your where used information on top. You need to have experience with JSP, Java and customizing pages. Also, note that a where used can get large since it ripples up many branches especially if the component is used in many places. See how the current Where used page is displayed. Its basically a tree.

Hi @SK_10592306,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags