cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Bulk Migrator loading "Described by Document"

m.ditodaro
4-Participant

Bulk Migrator loading "Described by Document"

Hi everyone,

we are uploading documents exported from another pdm (being deleted...) using a mass migration tool developed by an external company.

I have to check if all the documents (pdf,doc,...) are really loaded in db.

I just found some documents not uploading and I don't know why.

do i just need a SELECT * FROM WTPARTMASTER, WTPART, ...?

to check if all documents have been imported and try to upload them again.

Thanks for any help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:m.ditodaro)

No, that's the wrong class/table. If you know the numbers of the documents you are checking to be there, then you can export all numbers and compare offline to find what's missing. If number of documents is less than 1000, you can add those numbers to your query.

SELECT WTDOCUMENTNUMBER FROM WTDOCUMENTMASTER

that will get you all docs loaded. Should not matter the version/iteration.

You could also check for specific numbers like this:

WHERE WTDOCUMENTNUMBER IN ('DOC1','DOC2','DOC3' ....)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

No, that's the wrong class/table. If you know the numbers of the documents you are checking to be there, then you can export all numbers and compare offline to find what's missing. If number of documents is less than 1000, you can add those numbers to your query.

that will get you all docs loaded. Should not matter the version/iteration.

You could also check for specific numbers like this:

WHERE WTDOCUMENTNUMBER IN ('DOC1','DOC2','DOC3' ....)

the information used by the bulk migrator tools are the following

P:\EIT_FILES\CAD_Files\001\-11\842\A_01001-11842A-01_0.pdf001-11842A-01A1ITA_PRODUCTPRODUCT/Default/0003_LINEE_STANDARD_SORMA99
P:\EIT_FILES\CAD_Files\001\-11\842\A_01001-11842A-01_0.doc001-11842A-01A1ITA_PRODUCTPRODUCT/Default/0003_LINEE_STANDARD_SORMA99

i need to check if the .pdf and .doc files are loaded  inquiring with WTPART/WTPARTMASTER code 001-11842A-01

thanks

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

There is two things. Looks like the migrator is loading the document and linking it to the WTPart. If the document does not exist, it cannot create the link. Check for the existence of those documents keying off third column (001-11842A-01 for example). It looks like both of those files are loaded to the same document. Remember, we are storing documents, not files. Many files can exist in one document. Strange, there is not an indicated which file is primary and which is secondary.

wait, you are saying that the third column is the WTPart number? Or did you enable content on WTParts? Am I correct in assuming both of those files resolve to the same document?

this is our windchill organization

Part

MD_9056635_1-1690543635160.png

and document ( i suppose that the correct term is folder containing documents)

MD_9056635_0-1690543593033.png

for this part the situation is correct but i have several situation where the documents are not loaded

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Looks like your loader is chopping off the file extension and using that for the number and name. That's not going to be very helpful for your users. Numbers should follow your company pattern and names should be a descriptive name, document title, etc. You will have to do some clean up later to fix these.

Second, it looks like it loaded the files all into secondary content (attachments). This is not a folder, do not get confused by that. These are objects and a document object can have many files associated to it. One is declared primary and when users look for these documents, the primary is presented first (like i in a search results or where ever document appears). Users can download and view that directly. Nothing was declared primary.  I would assume that you would want the PDF file as primary. I would strongly suggest fixing your loaded program as effort to correct this later is about same as if you loaded all of these manually.

To the original question, you would be searching for documents with numbers like "001-11842A-01_0" in your example above. However, is that truly the document number in your org? Remember, Documents do not equal files. Many files can be part of the same document.

Thank you for your time avillanueva,
we are moving all documents from our previous PDM to WindChill and have choose to migrate all non-CAD documents as "Described by Documents", obviously the CAD files are moved as CAD content.

We made a tool to extract information from the DB without the support of the company that made it in the past (this company is no longer operational and ....)

As you know, the migration from different PDM/PLM is not an easy task to dp and we need to check if our tools are working properly.
the help i would need is to build a tool to verify that all attached documents have been received as "Described by documents" using a SQL statement.

until now we are using this SELECT statement to check if the documents have been captured

"SELECT Filename, FileSize, role, streamid, uploadedFromPath FROM WIND_SQL.ApplicationData where UPLOADEDFROMPATH LIKE 'P:\%'"

for example, we don't know if this file was checked into the WindChill vault.

thanks for any ideas.

marino

Announcements

Top Tags