cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Can filters be added to customized Attribute

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite

Can filters be added to customized Attribute

Dears.

Now I have a custom attribute, he contains about 2000 values, I use the Global Enumeration defined constraints, so that the user can only be in the foreground page to select one of these 2000 values, but if user go through the drop-down box to select the desired value is a waste of time, does drop-down box can be added to the filter,  or there are other good ways to achieve it, thank you very much!

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @CZ_9645217 

It seams that suggestion can help what you need with validator that the text area contains only the string available in the enumeration

HelesicPetr_0-1698223419902.png

Check Picker Component Catalog in the Windchill 

wchadress.com/Windchill/app/#ptc1/componentCatalog/componentCatalog?oid=OR%3Awt.org.WTUser%3A207&u8=1

PetrH

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr 

Thanks for your quick reply, I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you meant, do you mean using the custom Picker functionality for that?
For example, I have one custom attribute named demoIBA, If this property has 2000 values, and now user can only select them via a dropdown box, do you mean to add a customized Picker filter? thank you

CZ_9645217_0-1698224392940.png

Yes I mean to use customization and use custom picker.

PetrH

CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:HelesicPetr)

thanks @HelesicPetr , do you have any document or link guide how use custom picker to get attribute value?

Hi @CZ_9645217 

In Windchill installation there is catalog and one of them is for Pickers.

Check the address in your system

windchillAddress.com/Windchill/app/#ptc1/componentCatalog/componentCatalog?oid=OR%3Awt.org.WTUser%3A207&u8=1

HelesicPetr_0-1698734994828.png

PetrH

Hi @CZ_9645217 

If your Windchill is 11.1+ , you can try Cascading Attribute, refer to https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS285111

• Cascading attributes occur when rules are defined that cause the value selected for one attribute to determine the available values for another attribute. The simplest cascading attribute rule is made up of an If condition and a Then clause. More complex rules can be created by adding one or more And If conditions to the rule. The attributes used in an If or And If condition are considered to be driver attributes, while the attribute used in a Then clause is considered to be a driven attribute. The If and If attributes drive the value of the Then attribute. For example, a site could define the following cascading attribute rules:
  • If Country=USA, then State=Arizona, Colorado
  • If Country=Australia, then State=New South Wales
  • If Country=USA, and if State=Colorado, then City=Alamosa, Denver, Westminster
CZ_9645217
14-Alexandrite
(To:Rocket_Max)

Hi @Rocket_Max 

thanks for your reply, I only have one attribute and no need cascading, The only problem is that there are too many values in dropdown and it takes a long time to find the desired value. For example, in the following demoIBA has a dropdown box with 2000 values, and it is difficult for the user to find the desired value.

CZ_9645217_0-1698224704572.png

Announcements

Top Tags