cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Cascading Attributes in Windchill

vasanth
8-Gravel

Cascading Attributes in Windchill

Can we configure cascading attributes in Windchill 11.0?

Or is there any workaround method to achieve it?

4 REPLIES 4
JHall
16-Pearl
(To:vasanth)

I saw that Windchill 11.1 was going to have Cascading Attributes, and it seems that you can adjust them for different Continents and Countries.  I would love to know more about how these are intended to be used.

Anyone have any data on them?

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:JHall)

Cascading Attributes are supported in Windchill 11.1 F000 for Part, Document and Change Objects.

A cascading attribute is one where the results from one attribute (the driver) constrains the results of the next attribute (the driven).  A common example is the one that we used in the demo the @JHall is discussing - when you pick the Continent the Countries list is constrained - eg. Pick Europe and you can pick Germany or Canada, pick North America and you can pick Canada or USA.

I updated the Product Idea and added an example video here:  Provide-Cascading-attribute-behavior-for-Documents-Parts-and-Change

ChaithraSreeK
4-Participant
(To:vasanth)

Has anyone tried cascading of attributes in Windchill 11.0 through customization?

VINO
4-Participant
(To:ChaithraSreeK)

Top Tags