cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Change OOTB default "Creator of the context is automatically assigned to the context manager role"

PG_11148141
5-Regular Member

Change OOTB default "Creator of the context is automatically assigned to the context manager role"

Hi All,

In Windchill OOTB functionality "The user who creates the context is automatically assigned to the context manager role"

As the product manager has special access, providing this role to Product creator might create issue.

At present, we are removing the user manually from the role after Product creation.

How can we customize to disable this default addition of Product creator to Product Manager in context team.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PG_11148141 

You could use a listener to detects when a Product is created and then have the listener run code that removes the Product creator from the Product Manager role.

That should produce the results you’re looking for.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:PG_11148141)

It seems you have relegated the Product creator to a user group with limited authority. I can see how that would cause this situation. When creating a new area, the task is delegated to a user who can transactionally setup the area (click the buttons) but long term, you do not want to make a local admin to the area. I think you might run into issues if you try to remove them too quickly before the context is fully setup. Someone needs to be in that role to handle things like ACLS setup, adding users and role, etc. I think you would be better served trusting those users to remove themselves once the right user is added to shift this task to a user set that you do trust to be Product Managers.

"With great power comes great responsibility" - Uncle Ben

avillanueva_0-1726580228965.png

@PG_11148141 

You could use a listener to detects when a Product is created and then have the listener run code that removes the Product creator from the Product Manager role.

That should produce the results you’re looking for.

@PG_11148141 

I wrote a utility to remove the creator from the Product Manager role.

In my test Product, "Testing", the creator is wcorgadmin.

Before removal

d_graham_0-1727099928443.png

Run utility (which can be run automatically).

d_graham_1-1727100171208.png

After running utility.

Note the creator, wcorgadmin, has been removed from the role Product Manager.

d_graham_2-1727100275365.png

Seems to work.

I'd be cautious with automation here.. make sure you don't leave the group empty!

Please tell me you’re kidding, @joe_morton 

First, there’s no group involved with any of this.

The poster wants to remove the creator, which obviously is a WTUser, from the team role, which is added automatically upon creation of the Product. That’s it! Pretty simple.

How did you make the leap to a group being involved?🤦‍♂️

Sorry "Role"

My comment should read:

"I'd be cautious with automation here.. make sure you don't leave the role empty!"

No leaps, just a typo 😋

Announcements
Top Tags