cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Customizing Content Length for WT part

Srinsoft_Admin
4-Participant

Customizing Content Length for WT part

I need to customize the column length for Wt part .I have followed the steps from this link -Customize column length . At the last step it has been mentioned that , we need to execute all those relevant queries in DB. My question is that do we need to manually execute those queries in database or Is there any ways that automate that execution.

Srinsoft_Admin_0-1721315785265.png

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Srinsoft_Admin ,

You have to manually execute the entries from HTML File mentioned under Altered Tables section.

Regards,

Bhushan

+ This feature has nothing to do with "heavy" customization even mentioned on the customization section on the help center, it only requires shell access.

The last step generates the SQL queries (alter tables along with indexes) based on the database provider whether SQL Server or Oracle, you have to execute them manually one by one as @bhushan.d  mentioned from the database client (prefer to use GUI client to avoid any error, SQL Developer for Oracle, Azure Data Studio or Management Studio for SQL Server).

Article - CS186714 - [Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - Column Length Customization (ptc.com)

Hi @Srinsoft_Admin,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Announcements

Top Tags