cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Hide OOTB Revise in Workspace UI

MN_10518175
5-Regular Member

Hide OOTB Revise in Workspace UI

We need to hide/disable OOTB Revise button from Workspace table & CAD --> Right click --> Revise, Since this is WGM UI, Please suggest the approach to achieve the same in Windchill WGM 12 & Windchill --> Product --> Workspace UI.

Snapshots from Workspace UI.

MN_10518175_0-1695098869762.png

MN_10518175_1-1695098928479.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MN_10518175 

Unfortunately the menu in the workspace is hardcoded. 

It is not supported to change it. 

But if you want to do some extra not recommended steps you can check specific class that is responsible for that actions.

This is not supported and not recommended.

!If you do not know what you are doing, don't do it. !

You need to find com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.ws.WsMenuBarHelper class.

It is located in a wncWeb.jar 

You need to recompile it and change it then place it to the standard wch/codebase folder structire and then remove it from wncWeb.jar ...\Windchill\codebase\WEB-INF\lib\wncWeb.jar

In this class you find a definition where the revise action is added

this.addAction(var4, "REVISEITEMSMULTI", "Toolbar_MULTIREVISE_label", var5, this.getImage(var2, "netmarkets/images/revise.gif"));

HelesicPetr_0-1695104991112.png

You can change the condition that action is not shown. 

compile the class and place it to the correct package place in codebase/com/ptc/windchill/uwgm/cadx/ws

PetrH

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @MN_10518175 

Unfortunately the menu in the workspace is hardcoded. 

It is not supported to change it. 

But if you want to do some extra not recommended steps you can check specific class that is responsible for that actions.

This is not supported and not recommended.

!If you do not know what you are doing, don't do it. !

You need to find com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.cadx.ws.WsMenuBarHelper class.

It is located in a wncWeb.jar 

You need to recompile it and change it then place it to the standard wch/codebase folder structire and then remove it from wncWeb.jar ...\Windchill\codebase\WEB-INF\lib\wncWeb.jar

In this class you find a definition where the revise action is added

this.addAction(var4, "REVISEITEMSMULTI", "Toolbar_MULTIREVISE_label", var5, this.getImage(var2, "netmarkets/images/revise.gif"));

HelesicPetr_0-1695104991112.png

You can change the condition that action is not shown. 

compile the class and place it to the correct package place in codebase/com/ptc/windchill/uwgm/cadx/ws

PetrH

MN_10518175
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hello @HelesicPetr ,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will apply this logic by commenting the specific line in code and let you know the results.

MN_10518175
5-Regular Member
(To:MN_10518175)

Hello @HelesicPetr ,

As mentioned, I've decompiled the specific java file and put it inside ws folder under src location by commenting the revise action logic, I can compile & keep the latest class file under codebase location.

One question here is, Are we need to remove that old class file in wncWeb.jar file? if so, how do we need to handle this? Any steps are there to build the latest jar?

Hi @MN_10518175 

I usually open the jar file as a zip file and remove the class from it. 

I write a comment that for the specific company there are several changes in the jars and apply this changes after any future upgrade.

PetrH

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MN_10518175)

The revise was not available to some of my users and it took me a while to figure out what it was. The original system implementor had set up policies that hid the revise function for certain users. Once I removed the policy from that group of users, they had the revise button.

MN_10518175
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Hello @BenLoosli ,

I believe that you approach is to apply policy under Site/Org/Product level which will hide or disable the revise action throughout Windchill.

Our requirement is to hide the revise action from right click & revise button from Workspace. I am looking for way to customize the actions

Top Tags