cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

How to search all children within a Part structure?

khimani_mohiki
14-Alexandrite

How to search all children within a Part structure?

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: In the top level Part structure of a car or truck, search for children at all levels with an matching attribute value, ie show all parts within the car made from Aluminium

Description:

I need to search attributes of all children at all levels within a Part structure. I want to report on attributes like state and materials for all Parts within a car structure, this may be 6 levels deep.

Currently the method being used is to export to excel and use pivot tables.

I have previously used a JSP with some java code I wrote to recursively search for children at all levels with a certain state, this works but is limited to a single attribute input, I want to select any usage or item attribute as input and see a filtered list of child parts matching the criteria.

Any ideas on what approach to take?

3 REPLIES 3

One possible approach might be to write a java method that recursively returns all child objects for a given WTPart. Then you could use that java method in a query builder report

So return all children at all levels into a WTCollection, then use that in the query builder?

Actually, now I'm doubting myself. I think java method can only return strings in query builder. 😓 It's been awhile since I've worked with them.

Announcements

Top Tags