cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Inquiry Regarding Null AlternateNumber Issue in Windchill Wtpart Connection -AlternateNumber": null,

ozclkonur
11-Garnet

Inquiry Regarding Null AlternateNumber Issue in Windchill Wtpart Connection -AlternateNumber": null,

I am connecting one part to another in wtpPart to retrieve the AlternateNumber through Windchill. It appears in WtpartAlternateLink, but when I check the part via servlet/odata/ProdMgmt/Parts('OR:wt.part.WTPart:#######'), the 'AlternateNumber' comes as null. Can you please help me understand the reason for this? Is there a different method to add AlternateNumber to a part through Windchill? If so, could you please explain?

1 REPLY 1
ANNA_02
13-Aquamarine
(To:ozclkonur)

The Alternate Number attribute that you see, seems to be different from WtpartAlternateLink.

If you are trying to create a new WtpartAlternateLink between 2 parts, you have to create a new custom code as it is not available in OOTB
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS354067

of if you are trying to just fetch the details, use
/Parts('{PartId}')/Alternates - Get PartAlternateLink
/Parts('{PartId}')/Alternates('{PartAlternateLinkId}') - Get PartAlternateLink for a given PartAlternateLinkId

Announcements
Top Tags