cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Upload content using windchill rest api

SRINIVASAN1
7-Bedrock

Upload content using windchill rest api

Version: Windchill 11.1

Use Case: Uploading large files using windchill rest api

Description:

Hi ,

I'm trying to upload a large files in windchill using rest api. I'm not able to upload  large files using rest api . Is there any ways to upload large sized files .But when I try the same request using postman, the content gets uploaded. Is there any ways ,other than file path in the upload section, can we provide chunks of files that combine all those chunks into single file.

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @SRINIVASAN1

Thank you for your question. 
It appears your post is well documented , but I am replying to raise awareness. Hopefully, another community member will be able to help.

Regards,
Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

@SRINIVASAN1 Didn't understand, if you are able to upload it via postman, then you are using REST?!

This is related to both the Server and the Clients, you should adjust Apache HTTP Server config if you are using it as the Web Server.

Clients can fail: browsers, third-party apps, or postman, not all clients support large files.

The upload mechanism for WTDocument in REST is not transparent as the UI, Windchill usually uses the Vault mechanism to upload files, you should pass from 3 stages, which start from the cache vault until its last vault location. This mechanism in REST is somehow tricky!

See: 

Article - CS381449 - [Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - WTDocument REST Services (ptc.com)

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 9.48.57 PM.png

and  Article - CS369616 - [Knowledge Hub] Troubleshooting Failing WTDocuments Uploads in Windchill PDMLink (ptc.com)

Announcements

Top Tags