cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Windchill Customization and Development Training

AP_10479010
6-Contributor

Windchill Customization and Development Training

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Hello all, I'm interested in learning about customizing Windchill. I have experience prior experience in Java and Python languages. Can anyone suggest some recommendations on which companies provide the best windchill customization training? Thanks in advance, AP

Description:

I have explored the course topics from https://www.felcosolutions.com/; which was quite famous as I got to know from the forum. But those materials are for old versions like 11.0 or earlier. Do they anymore provide the training for higher windchill versions?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @AP_10479010 ,

There is no such full training for all Windchill Customization, actually there were some trainings for Windchill customization on PTC university but it's no longer the case. You also won't find much on the web, most training are done by partners or independant consultants but paid.

+ Old trainings are still applicable, the software architecture of Windchill PLM is almost stable.

Before discovering Windchill Customization, you should be familiar with Windchill concepts and main topics especially for Windchill PDMLink.

If you would like to know the programming prerequisites, check this post: Re: What stack is Windchill running? - PTC Community, though, you will not do much things with Python!

If you do any kind of complete training for Windchill PLM, then it should be done in the following order:

1. Introduction to Windchill Customization
  2. Dev environnement: Eclipse setup
  3. Managing Customization: Safe area
  4. UI Customization: generic UI customization
  5. Modeled Objects: Hard Types
  6. Server Customization: Events and listeners
  7. Client Architecture: Action Service, Wizards, etc.
  8. Workflow Customization

I'm excluding the Info Engine and REST Services as they have their own training.

If you would like to start, I recommend that you read this hub: the point of entry of Windchill PLM customization, it should be a good starting: Article - CS212271 - [Knowledge Hub] Windchill PLM - Customization (ptc.com)

I must repeat that before starting Windchill PLM customization, you should be familiar with Windchill PDMLink, main topics, and main functionalities, but such knowledge is available in many places.

Hello @AP_10479010

It looks like you have a response from a community member. If it helped you solve your question please mark the reply as the Accepted Solution. 

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so other community members can continue to help you.

Thanks,
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags