cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Windchill custom action creation

SB_10566278
7-Bedrock

Windchill custom action creation

Hello,

I have developed a custom action menu on WTPart (a default object in Windchill), but for some reason, the same action menu is appearing on its child objects as well.

I would like to know how I can limit the display of this custom action menu only to the main WTPart object and not its children.

Regards,
Shrikant Bhosle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I employed custom-actionModel.XML configuration instead of a UI validator for this particular task.
According to the PTC guide, it is also possible to achieve this using XML file configuration instead of a UI validator.
Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

Ref:
<supportedTypes>
    <type value="wt.part.WTPart" applyToDescendants="false"/>
</supportedTypes>

Link:
https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCCG_UICust_AddActionsHook_WCClientArchAction_AddingValidation.html

Best Regards,

Shrikant Bhosle

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SB_10566278 

You can create own validator that checks the subtype information and base on this info you show or not show the action

CS52551 - How to write UI Validator

Community - How to create and register an tab Validator in Windchill

PetrH

Hi,

I employed custom-actionModel.XML configuration instead of a UI validator for this particular task.
According to the PTC guide, it is also possible to achieve this using XML file configuration instead of a UI validator.
Please correct me if I have misunderstood.

Ref:
<supportedTypes>
    <type value="wt.part.WTPart" applyToDescendants="false"/>
</supportedTypes>

Link:
https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCCG_UICust_AddActionsHook_WCClientArchAction_AddingValidation.html

Best Regards,

Shrikant Bhosle

Hi @SB_10566278 

I'm not sure if you can define the subtype string 

It is generally used for root (parent)types. 

So WTPart, Document, CADDocument, Operation atc. 

also you can try to use specific type definition for subtype like "wt.part.WTPart|com.ptc.MYSubtype"
But I preferer to use the validator.

PetrH

Top Tags