cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

separate date and time as two columns

skumar-10-11-1218
4-Participant

separate date and time as two columns

As of now date and time are displayed and the attribute data type is date and time, Here I need to separate date as one column and time as 2nd column. Is this possible?

5 REPLIES 5

In which table you want to display those to separate Date & Time column?

Regards,

Shirish

@ShirishMorkhade 

If I did it, I would like to separate the date and time in the CN Task Column Date Started and Date Completed.  Is that possible?

JamesDate and Time columns.png

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JHall)

I do not think that is possible in that table.

I looked under the org admin in the Utilities/Report Management and there is no separation between date and time.  Just Last Modified and Created.

I also looked at trying to copy the text manually and bring it back in to Excel 365 and couldn't get it.

Hi @JHall ,

As @STEVEG mentioned separating date and time using OOTB function wont be possible here.

However using customization approach you can add two extra columns (one for date and other for time). You then need to write data utilities to have these columns populated with corresponding date and time.

I remember, I did it before but unfortunately don't have access to WC now a days. Once I get access, I will try my hand again on this use case. Is this really a super critical?

Regards,

Shirish

Windchill uses DataUtility class implementation to display attributes in the JCA table.

If you want to display custom information you can implement your own class:

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc110_hc/whc_en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCCG_UICust_PresentInfoUI_AttributeHandle_WCCG_AttributeHandle_DataUtil_1.html

In your case, you can need substring date and display result string.

Or you can create Alias attribute DataType= "Data and Time" for CN and display information about a related object  specify this property:

Date Display Format: hh:mm

For mapping use value like this

heChangeActivity2@wt.change2.IncludedIn2~theChangeOrder2^wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2~theChangeOrder2
@wt.change2.AddressedBy2~theChangeRequest2^wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2~createStamp

Top Tags