cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can I get a files/versions list based on labels?

ptc-5708445
1-Newbie

Can I get a files/versions list based on labels?

I'd like to know si commands for retrieving a list of files and their versions from a Project based on labels on the files themselves. So I'm after a list of all files with a label from a project.

I'd like to know a similar cli means of retrieving the files/versions from a Project if the Project checkpoint itself is what is labeled, which might first mean getting the Checkpoint based on the label, then getting the files based on the checkpoint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm using Perl scripts as an interface, so replace $projectName, $checkPoint, $user and $password with a real stuff...

si viewproject -P $projectName/project.pj --projectRevision=$checkPoint -R --yes --filterSubs --xmlapi --user=$user --password=$password

--xmlapi is optional

I was able to get this to work.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
tdalon
4-Participant
(To:ptc-5708445)

See http://communities.ptc.com/message/237487#237487

• Get Checkpoint timestamp
    • using e.g. si viewprojecthistory --sandbox=$MKS.sb --fields=revision,labels,date,description
  • Create build sandbox
    • using e.g. si createsandbox --forceConfirm=yes -P$MKS.pj --projectRevision=$rev --gui --noopenView
  • Checkout with revision at time=checkpoint timestamp
    • using e.g. si co --sandbox="sandboxpath" -R --nolock --revision="time:01.01.2014 13:00"

I need the information, not the sandbox and file content. This would be prior to the creation of a sandbox or to help determine whether a sandbox needs to be sync'd as a whole or for individual files.

You could try using:

si viewproject -R --project=/some/project/name/project.pj --filtersubs --filter=label:MyLabelGoesHere

tdalon
4-Participant
(To:JoeBartlett)

This assumes you also use/propagate checkpoint label on member level. Our Admins don't allow it because of performance issue.

It would be nice if one could get the list of the files in a checkpoint even if the members are not labeled.

I've tried the option --projectRevision=1.2 but I get a CLI error I don't understand.

I'm using Perl scripts as an interface, so replace $projectName, $checkPoint, $user and $password with a real stuff...

si viewproject -P $projectName/project.pj --projectRevision=$checkPoint -R --yes --filterSubs --xmlapi --user=$user --password=$password

--xmlapi is optional

I was able to get this to work.

tdalon
4-Participant

It does not work for me.

Do you use for the projectRevision the revision number for example 1.2?

What is this --yes for?

Hint: You don't need to use the password at each command. If the user is connected it is not needed.

To connect use the si connect --gui command. This way you don't have the password stored/visible in your code.

tketz
4-Participant
(To:tdalon)

Hi,

i tried following syntax:

si viewproject --projectRevision=1.3 -P "project"

This command lists all members with his revision at ProjectCheckpoint 1.3

@Thierry Why you get an CLI error? Typo or does the Checkpoint you tried (1.2) does not exists in the specified project?

tdalon
4-Participant

I don't understand really your Use Case.

If you want to see if your sandbox has diff you can use other command like viewsandbox with some filteroptions like --filter:changed.

You can also resync with filteroptions. One common useful filter is --filter=!locked:%USERNAME%.

Top Tags