cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creating test case from command line

abanceu
1-Newbie

Creating test case from command line

Greetings!

I'm currently parsing an excel, extracting information from there and I want to dynamically create a test case for each line of the excel.

I already have extracted the information, but I have a problem when creating a test case using command line.

For example:

im createissue --type="Test Case" -> throws an error that says : "Can not create an Item of Type Test Case" (?)

but I managed to create a test step using the same command... im createissue --type="Test Step"

Is it not possible to create a test case from CLI ?

Please note that I have searched all the IMS manuals and I found nothing.

Regards,

Adrian.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Adrian,

The Test component of Integrity, relies heavily on the document model design in Integrity, and the built-in Test stuff, is all intertwined with that.

I think you would want to make use of the "im createcontent" command instead, since you're presumably creating test cases for a Test Suite?

ex.

im createcontent --type "Test Case" --parentID XYZ --field "Text"="Test that the brown fox can jump over the grey wall"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Adrian,

The Test component of Integrity, relies heavily on the document model design in Integrity, and the built-in Test stuff, is all intertwined with that.

I think you would want to make use of the "im createcontent" command instead, since you're presumably creating test cases for a Test Suite?

ex.

im createcontent --type "Test Case" --parentID XYZ --field "Text"="Test that the brown fox can jump over the grey wall"

Hello Michael.

Yes, you are right. I wanted to create test cases within a Test Suite and using "im createcontent" worked perfectly.

Thank you for your prompt response!

Top Tags