cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Custom action - Open in windows explorer

ptc-5111388
1-Newbie

Custom action - Open in windows explorer

I'm fairly new to PTC Integrity, but I was trying to create a custom user action that would allow us to select a member and open it in Windows explorer via right-click popup menu (or toolbar button). I've gotten as far as Viewset > Customize > Actions > Custom > Edit... so it looks like the following. Windows explorer will take a string parameter of "/select, " followed by a filepath. Is there a "variable" name that I can use here so it opens to the directory that the selected member is located? Or is this functionality already built in somewhere?? We are using Integrity 10. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Customize+User+Button.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
tdalon
4-Participant
(To:ptc-5111388)

Hi Dustin

as far as I now, unfortunately the feature open in Windows Explorer (like so many others like a "get" or Copy2Clip feature) is not implemented in Integrity.

You can implement this using a batch file for example.

To know which variables are available in which Integrity View (this is an undocumented feature and depends on which view you are working) you can debug with a "set & pause" or "set MKSSI & pause" to view them.

Hope to help.

Thierry

pbartha
7-Bedrock
(To:tdalon)

This solution from Jens works fine within a batch file: OpenFileLocation

Bye, Péter

Top Tags