cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Development Paths list

ptc-4798292
1-Newbie

Development Paths list

HI,

We have MKS Integrity 2009 with SQL server 2008 as backend. I like to list the development paths and users list who has access to it. How can I get list from SQL Server 2008 query?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Sarath,

could you please be a little more specific? Would you like to have *all* the development paths for *all* projects on your Integrity Server?

And what do you mean with "user list who has access to it"? Is it users having the OpenProject permission or having inherited permissions from the top level etc.?

Concerning permissions I guess this will be quite difficult to say.

For a list of all the devpaths I could only think of using the CLI as I don't recommend querying the database directly.

If you are looking for ACLs being created on a devpath you simply could use the command "aa acls" for displaying all acls, then filter on those ACLs having the string "devpath" in it.

Regards

Heike

Hi Heike,

Thanks for picking it.

Your right. We need all development paths of the all projects in Integrity Server which can obtained from CISIDevpaths table.

For permissions, when I executed 'aa acls' I got only project names available in Integrity Server.

Kindly suggest.

Hello Sarath,

so it seems you have provided no ACLs on devpaths (which means you inherited all the permissions from the "normal" branches).

For the devpaths, the only way that comes into my mind is doing several queries with the CLI (maybe write a Perl script or something similar):

First ask the MKS server which top level projects it has ("si projects") then for each of the resulting projects query which devpaths it has ("si projectinfo -P <yourProjectName>").

Then you will get all devpaths on the top level projects.

In case you have devpaths also on the sub projects, then you have to go more into detail and for each of the subprojects (you get them with "si viewproject -P <yourProjectName>") do the "si projectinfo" as well.

I agree, it may really be worth it to directly query the database but I have no idea how and if this will work.

Maybe open a ticket at PTC support directly?

Regards

Heike

Top Tags