cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

GIT Integration usage and overview

ASailer
5-Regular Member

GIT Integration usage and overview

Dear community, 

we try to use the GIT integration with ILM11.2 with oracle db repository as the integration documents describes this. We like to manage Linux files (source code) with this GIT integration in the configuration management domain of ILM. 

Now there appears the following questions: 

• Where are the data of the GIT repositories stored? Are they also stored in oracle db with ILM server? 

• Is it possible to use the GIT integration with the ILM client or have we to use the CLI for GIT? 

• Is there an overview regarding the GIT integration? Unfortunately I found nothing. 

Kind regards

Alexander Sailer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello VolkerEckardt

Now I am trying to integrate PTC and GIT

I also have some problems especially git bash usage.(ex, install ptcgit type, usage PasswordEncryptionTool)

So can I get your detailed PPT material?

It may help me a lot.

Regards

BS

PS. byungsung.son@halla.com

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hello Alexander,

The Git Integration is well described in the PTC manual. 

You can download it as part of the Git Integration Add-On, from our software download page.

I have sent you another PPT with some more details as an email.

In case of questions, dont hesitate to contact me again.

Volker

Ted_Lin
4-Participant
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Would you be pleased to share PPT? 

I don't understand how to integrate ILM installed on Windows system with gitlab installed on Linux system.

Can you please share this presentation with me? 

Thanks,

Swapna Das

Hello VolkerEckardt

Now I am trying to integrate PTC and GIT

I also have some problems especially git bash usage.(ex, install ptcgit type, usage PasswordEncryptionTool)

So can I get your detailed PPT material?

It may help me a lot.

Regards

BS

PS. byungsung.son@halla.com

I need to integrate PTC modeler and RV&S with Git and jenkins. I already have 'model explorer' to version models but need a common version control for both Requirements and models.

how does Git additionally help?

Also can you suggest if 'Integrity asset library' is still needed to maintain versions in a multi user platform? to manage source and control change?

Need to build an integrated environment for mutli users. please suggest tools and their scope with some details. 

please email to : elangovanp101@gmail.com

thanks

Hello EP_9964574

Windchill RV&S has integrations with both Jenkins and Git.  This is documented in the product help but if you have problems please feel free to contact PTC Support and they will help you. 

With regard to Windchill Modeler, you don't need Windchill Asset Library to configuration manage models.  Windchill Modeler has its own model configuration management, inside the shared model databases.  Windchill Asset Library provides many capabilities, including the publication and reuse of model sub-systems or components, to enable approaches such as models built from models (SoS, CBD, etc.)  Both can be used in parallel but you don't need Windchill Asset Library for Windchill Modeler model management.  Windchill Modeler models can be baselined (versioned), branched, merged, etc., etc.  These models are all stored in the Windchill Modeler multi-user database.  This means that you don't need an external configuration management tool but if you do want to keep copies you can export models and store them wherever you like, including Git.   You could automate this.  Once again, the online help and PTC Support can help you here. 

I hope this helps.
Hedley Apperly BSc (hons) MA
VP Product Management (Integrity), PTC
EP_9964574
6-Contributor
(To:happerly)

Thanks for the Info. I need to automate Exports and Versioning, merging... etc using CommitState function or Automation Interface. I need to trigger these from other sever. or At least i need commands that can do these where i can create exports of the model externally or using EntryScripts thats using 'Change profile states'. 

1.JPG2.JPG

For information on those topics relating to Windchill Modeler, please refer to this post

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Systems-Software/Windchill-Modeler-Model-Management-presentation/m-p/737299#M99

thanks,

Patrick

Hello, VolkerEckardt

I wanna be another PPT with some more details.

hyunkookim@slworld.com

SW Version : Integrity 12.1, git bash, gitlab 

I installed and configured it by referring to the GitIntegrationGuide_Integrity_12_1.pdf document, but applying the hooks to create a change package in connection with the Integrity item number during git commit was not successful yet.

Top Tags