cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

How add the Field Relationship for ‘Request Type’ pick list field based on the value of ‘Phase’ short text field of a Type.

vbabu-4
4-Participant

How add the Field Relationship for ‘Request Type’ pick list field based on the value of ‘Phase’ short text field of a Type.

How add the Field Relationship for ‘Request Type’ pick list field based on the value of ‘TPhase’ short text field of a Type.

For example,

Initially Request Type has Build, Deploy and Build & Deploy values

1) If TPhase value is "Ready to Build" then the 'Request type' should have Build option only

2) If TPhase Value is not "Ready to Build" then the 'Request type' should have both Deploy and Build & Deploy not Build.

I could not see TPhase in Source Field list of the field relationship column. We use Integrity Server 2009.

Is there any other possible way to restrict Request Type values.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Venkata Sarath Babu‌,

As Volker Eckardt‌ mentioned, this functionality doesn't exist in the 2009 release series, but comes into play in the Integrity 10 releases, in the node called Constraints on the Type definitions.  I've confirmed by setting up an example of this in Integrity Lifecycle Manager release 10.7, although I believe the functionality exists earlier than that release (maybe 10.4?):

2016-10-26 19_03_25-Edit Type_ KLT_Widget [kvmcentos64.ptcnet.ptc.com_10007].png

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Venkata,

there are probably not that many installations out using still Integrity 2009. We ship release 11 already, which is almost 10 releases after yours.

I think in 2009 we did not provide this kind of feature. You need to upgrade at least to one of the current Integrity 10 releases.

Regards

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:VolkerEckardt)

Hello Venkata Sarath Babu‌,

As Volker Eckardt‌ mentioned, this functionality doesn't exist in the 2009 release series, but comes into play in the Integrity 10 releases, in the node called Constraints on the Type definitions.  I've confirmed by setting up an example of this in Integrity Lifecycle Manager release 10.7, although I believe the functionality exists earlier than that release (maybe 10.4?):

2016-10-26 19_03_25-Edit Type_ KLT_Widget [kvmcentos64.ptcnet.ptc.com_10007].png

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
alabonte
14-Alexandrite
(To:vbabu-4)

Hello Venkata Sarath Babu,

If you still need assistance with this, can you please let us know the challenge(s) you are still facing?

It looks like Kael's solution is correct, would you please take the next step and mark this answer as "Correct Answer"?

This way other users reading the thread will know there is a solution, and which answer is correct. In addition, it makes the solution easier to find.

Thank you,

Adam

Top Tags