cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to get an additional Test Result field in gateway export to Word?

HK1
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

How to get an additional Test Result field in gateway export to Word?

Hi,

I have added a new test result field called "Test Execution Date" and added this field to the visible fields of the Test Result type.

But when I add this new field to the gateway mapping file where the predefined Verdict and Annotation fields are mapped:

<map name="Test Result">
<field internal="Verdict" external="Verdict" direction="out" />
<field internal="Test Execution Date" external="Test Execution Date" direction="out" />
<field internal="Annotation" external="Annotation" direction="out">
<default> </default>
</field>
</map>

I get an error when I try to export a document:

Error: MKS124814: Cannot show view information: MKS6411939: Field "Test Execution Date" does not exist.

Any idea how I can get this field into my Word export?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HK1
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:HK1)

In the end I did not need to adjust the mapping file because we have some Java code in between which makes the new field available for us to use in the export Word template.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Same issue - "MKS124814: Cannot show view information: MKS6411939: Field "ALM_Shared Text" does not exist": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Systems-Software/MKS124814-Cannot-show-view-information-MKS6411939-Field-quot-ALM/td-p/645682

HK1
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

The error is the same, but not the root cause. In your referred post it is about a field "ALM"Shared Text" that really does not exist if you try to find it with the Admin client, We resolved these "ALM_" kind of errors long time ago.

In my case I add a new field to the in-build type "Test Result". If I would add the field to e.g. type Requirement and adjust the corresponding mapping file, I will not get this error. It has something to do with the type "Test Result".

HK1
5-Regular Member
5-Regular Member

In the end I did not need to adjust the mapping file because we have some Java code in between which makes the new field available for us to use in the export Word template.

Top Tags