cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

MKS124814: Cannot show view information: MKS6411939: Field "ALM_Shared Text" does not exist.

omkarkarve
4-Participant

MKS124814: Cannot show view information: MKS6411939: Field "ALM_Shared Text" does not exist.

When I try to export a Customer Input Requirements Document from Document -> Export and then select any of the available options I get this error. The full text of the error looks like:

Retrieving item with ID 1987
Retrieved 1 item; skipped 0 items
Encountered 1 error and 0 warnings
Failed to retrieve the item.

Any idea why this might be happening? I want to export the requirements to a word doc.

3 REPLIES 3

This error usually is seen if the default mapping file or word template from the ALM solution is used - which expects the solution to be installed with the "ALM_" prefix - while the solution was not installed using the prefix.

If you review your fields you might find "Shared Text" rather than "ALM_Shared Text".

To resolve the issue, you need to adjust the mapping file and word template accordingly to match the fields' names.

omkarkarve
4-Participant
(To:pmaechtlen)

"you need to adjust the mapping file and word template accordingly to match the fields' names."

Sorry, but can you elaborate where and how I do this?

Thanks

As a first step, find the gateway-tool-configuration.xml located in your <IntegrityClientInstall>/config/gateway directory. If this file is renamed or does not exist on your client, the server-side one is found in the <ServerInstall>/data/gateway directory.

This file contains all available import and export configurations, and lists for each the mapping file accordingly. You will need to review this file and make adjustments where needed, as well as the template word document that is referred to there.

Top Tags