cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How to get in a normal sandbox all the files from a particular checkpoint in the past?

amatei
12-Amethyst

How to get in a normal sandbox all the files from a particular checkpoint in the past?

Hi,

I have a normal sandbox, where I'm checking-out, modifying and then checking-in various files, and also I can add files or I can drop files.

The question is:

How could I bring in this normal sandbox, all the files that belong to a particular checkpoint I've made in the past ?

After bringing the files from the checkpoint in my normal sandbox, of course I want to be able to continue my work, i.e modify,  check-in, add, drop files etc.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:amatei)

One solution is to use the Sandbox > Retarget menu option to "point" your sandbox to the checkpoint you want.

It becomes a build sandbox and you have to re-open it as such.

When you resynchronize the parts you want (subprojects or specific members or the whole sandbox), you get the files from the checkpoint.

Now retarget the sandbox back to the normal one. The files you don't resynchronize are the ones you got from the checkpoint.

There are other ways, depending on your use cases, but this is the one that comes to mind because you said "all the files".

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LLawton
14-Alexandrite
(To:amatei)

One solution is to use the Sandbox > Retarget menu option to "point" your sandbox to the checkpoint you want.

It becomes a build sandbox and you have to re-open it as such.

When you resynchronize the parts you want (subprojects or specific members or the whole sandbox), you get the files from the checkpoint.

Now retarget the sandbox back to the normal one. The files you don't resynchronize are the ones you got from the checkpoint.

There are other ways, depending on your use cases, but this is the one that comes to mind because you said "all the files".

I hope this helps.

amatei
12-Amethyst
(To:LLawton)

Thank you very much ! I will test the "retarget sandbox" functionality. 

Top Tags