cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

MKS124143

dproehl
1-Newbie

MKS124143

Has anyone seen this error message before?

MKS124143: A user name with name "John Doe" already exists.

I was trying to setup a new user with PTC Integrity.  When he was logging in for the first time, he got a little trigger happy with the OK button, and then this message popped up.  I tried to reset the user settings under the preferences of the client application, but that didn't help.  I was going to uninstall the viewset and then try again.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Don,

Trigger-happy when he was doing what specifically, in the client?  Some screenshots may help.

It sounds like his user has already been created in the system, so whatever he's trying to do, is trying to recreate that?  Or you have two users with the same name/spelling?  If so, then he would need a different naming variation.

I don't believe this would be a Viewset problem.

If you can't post more context/screenshots in this public forum, you can open a Support case to keep name/info private.

Hi Michael,

I tried to uninstall the viewset and then reinstall the viewset.  I still got the same error message as you see below.  I have this problem with another user as well.  I tried to see if their username was a part of the user list on the Workflows and Documents side of the tool, and neither user was a part of the list.  I tried to add them, but I got the same error as you see below.  Any ideas how to convince Integrity that this user doesn't exist in the Workflows and Documents?  The Configuration Management seems to work without any issues for both users.

Thanks,

Don

MKS_Error_Documents.png

LoginComplete.png

Top Tags