cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Need help to create script to automate task..

vgautam
1-Newbie

Need help to create script to automate task..

I want to create one script that will open the PTC Integrity and use it to perform some task. I have listed out the activity that I want to automate below:

Application is PTC integrity. It is linked with database server that has lot of files in it which have unique ID. So I need to use ID to open the document and export it.

Steps:

1. Open the application.
  2. Open the document using ID.
  3. Export the document to some specific format.

I want to know which scripting to be used to automate this process, i.e., I give array of IDs , the script will open the application and then open the document using IDs and export them till all the IDs are exported. Using Excel VBA can it be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Vaibhav,

Integrity offers three main techniques to communicate and automate:

1) command line interface (CLI)

2) API

3) Web Service

In your case I would choose the most simple one, the command line.

Assuming you expect to get word files as output type, this can be done using the gateway command itself. Search for "gateway export" in the documentation.

In VBA you can for sure also execute such a command, so you are free to work with VBA as well.

Hope this helps!

Volker

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Vaibhav,

Integrity offers three main techniques to communicate and automate:

1) command line interface (CLI)

2) API

3) Web Service

In your case I would choose the most simple one, the command line.

Assuming you expect to get word files as output type, this can be done using the gateway command itself. Search for "gateway export" in the documentation.

In VBA you can for sure also execute such a command, so you are free to work with VBA as well.

Hope this helps!

Volker

Hi Volker,

I am really new to this tool. You asked to search for "gateway export" in the documentation. I was confused whether you are talking about product documentation that is present in the website. If that is the case, then I am not able to access that documentation as I have basic account. If you have that document then can you please mail me that. If you are talking about some other documentatation then can you please give more detail regarding it as I am not aware of any other document.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Hi,

Can any one provide me list of all commands and API's for PTC Integrity along with explanation. Thanks

Regards,

Vaibhav

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:vgautam)

Vaibhav,

The documentation should be listed on your own Integrity server's homepage, e.g. http://<IntegrityServerHostName>:<IntegrityServerHost> (or https, as appropriate).  It should be listed under Documentation as Java or ANSI C API Documentation, depending on which API you wish to use.

Most other documentation should be listed there by default as well, including the Gateway User Guide and Integrity Client User Guide.  Since it looks like you are getting into developing for the application, you may also need to refer to the Integrity Server Administration Guide and Integrity Integrations Builder Guide (API).

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags