cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Substitute Parameters with Excel Integration

nborrerojr.
7-Bedrock

Substitute Parameters with Excel Integration

How can I get a field to substitute parameters when pulling data through the Excel integration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:nborrerojr.)

Hello Nolin,

I think you probably want to file your organization against RFC 180985, because parameter substitution does not exist.  It's unclear, as stated, whether this would apply to the Excel integration, so investigation by PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Support will be necessary.

It may be possible to do this with as a global setting in the Integrity client, with:

im setprefs --command=viewsegment --save substituteParams=true

That can be reversed by changing true back to false.  I haven't tested that, because I don't have a good test for doing so.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:nborrerojr.)

Hello Nolin,

I think you probably want to file your organization against RFC 180985, because parameter substitution does not exist.  It's unclear, as stated, whether this would apply to the Excel integration, so investigation by PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager Support will be necessary.

It may be possible to do this with as a global setting in the Integrity client, with:

im setprefs --command=viewsegment --save substituteParams=true

That can be reversed by changing true back to false.  I haven't tested that, because I don't have a good test for doing so.

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

RFC 180985 is required to meet this need.

Hi Nolin,

I like your question. Just to add some thoughts.

The excel integration has been build for down- and upload. Assuming, we would allow parameter substitution, this would then deliver the parameter values into your excel. So good so fine.

Then, the question is how you like to handle the upload. Do you like to keep the values as normal text, or do you like to push the text back into Integrity with the {{parameter definitions}} in it? How shall Integrity know that?

Volker

I wouldn't expect it to update parameter definitions. I would think it would compare the value of the string in Excel to the value in Integrity with parameters substituted. If it finds that they are the same then it makes no updates. If it finds that they are different, then it would replace the string in Integrity with the string in Excel with no parameters. This is just an idea though.

Top Tags