cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Uninstall/remove solution

cagarwal
4-Participant

Uninstall/remove solution

Can we uninstall or remove the solution(.imt solution) completely from Integrity 10.9?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:cagarwal)

Hi Chirag,

As of now i don't think we can uninstall an Previous IMT file and as per my opinion If you have to Install new IMT file without any conflict of previous data just create a new database and point to integrity and restart the server and if still you get some old data then you can reinstall Integrity also...

Hope this helps...

Kapil

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

its the first time ever that hear this request.

To give you a quick answer: with a lot of manual work and only if you havent entered any data yet. 

Because: as soon as you have entered any data also the data model = solution becomes blocked and you cant remove it anymore.

Whats your business case to do that, please?

Volker

Hi Volker,

I have asked this question for knowledge only.

When we install .imt file over another solution then original data is not affacted(remains intact), so i was trying to figure out whether we can install new imt file after uninstalling previous imt so that new changes will reflect without any conflict.

So, is there any other way of doing this?

Regards,

Chirag

kjain-2
15-Moonstone
(To:cagarwal)

Hi Chirag,

As of now i don't think we can uninstall an Previous IMT file and as per my opinion If you have to Install new IMT file without any conflict of previous data just create a new database and point to integrity and restart the server and if still you get some old data then you can reinstall Integrity also...

Hope this helps...

Kapil

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:kjain-2)

Hello Chirag, Kapil,

Chirag's essentially correct.  In theory, it's possble to remove one solution, and put another one in it's place, but in practice, once the solution has been used and there is an item history dependent on aspects of the solution, it's not possible.  Often the best that can be done is "hand-implementing" the new .IMT to use the existing solution structure where necessary.

If you're strongly interested in this, you could contact your Sales Account Manager to investigate getting an assessment.

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags