cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

User Notification Problem

Software
3-Visitor

User Notification Problem

I set up a user notification in Integrity to notify me when a defect or change request has been assigned to me.  It looks like this:

Capture.PNG

This works well except there seem to be a trigger that runs overnight that updates all of the Defects and Change Requests that are in the system.  When I look in my email every morning, there is a notification for every defect and change request that was ever assigned to me.

Is there something that I should change in my notification that would prevent this.  Also, I tried to exclude these items by using the user = -system- value but it did  not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Ginny M.

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Ginny,

If you only want to be notified when you become the *new* assigned user of the item you can include another condition with the ones in your screenshot (one in each of the AND sections):

Assigned User != - Me -

This condition, when used together with the Assigned User [new value] condition, will check the existing value to say "If I was not the previous owner before the edit but I am the new assigned user, then return true and notify me".

mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:Software)

Hi

another option would be to check wether the your field of interest actually changed, e.g.

Assigned User <> Assigned User [new value]

HTH

Matthias

Software
3-Visitor
(To:mrump)

Thanks for the info Joe and Matthias.  I will give this a try.

Top Tags