cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Windchill Modeler SySim Microsoft Studio error

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

Windchill Modeler SySim Microsoft Studio error

Hello. Not sure if this is the right place to post. I recently downloaded Windchill Modeler 10.0 and have been going through the tutorial. When I got to the simulation section of the tutorial and tried to run the Speed Controller, I got an error message saying that Visual Studio is no longer supported. What is the workaround? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We don't support or test using that version, so that could be the cause of the error. If possible try with one of the supported versions - I've attached the Release Notes and supported versions of VS are listed. 

If you still have problems you can raise a call with PTC Support.

regards,

Patrick

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:KHEdu)

Please provide a screenshot of your error.

KHEdu
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

KH_11030237_0-1713878069780.png

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Take a look - "After upgrading Windchill Modeler, Visual Studio not recognized when generating code through TDK": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS354672 

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

Thanks for this.  Not sure where to find TheGenerator in Visual Studio 2022.  Any idea?

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1713892400049.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

I have Visual Studio Community 2022. Does that make a difference?

We don't support or test using that version, so that could be the cause of the error. If possible try with one of the supported versions - I've attached the Release Notes and supported versions of VS are listed. 

If you still have problems you can raise a call with PTC Support.

regards,

Patrick

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

I went through the different model elements in the SpeedController example file, which is referenced in the Windchill Modeler 10.0 tutorial.  When I open the properties Window for the elements I think drive the simulation, click on the Options tab in the Properties window, there is no field to specify a language. I also tried to TrafficLights example.  Same thing.

KHEdu_0-1714065868897.pngKHEdu_1-1714065925321.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1714067264446.pngKHEdu_1-1714067292016.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

I only have a Visual Studio Dev Essentials subscription. I uninstalled VS2022. I downloaded VS2015Update 3 from Microsoft since it was the only file available. But when I tried install it, I got an error saying that I have to have a previous update version installed first. I'll contact PTC Support. Thanks.

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1714575194223.png

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_1-1714575250164.png

I have this installed, but not Visual Studio itself.  Also, I tried to create a PTC support ticket, but the website said I only have Basic PTC.com Account. 

KHEdu
5-Regular Member

KHEdu_0-1714576371743.png

I uninstalled and tried to reinstall.  I didn't get this error during the first installation. I think I'm done. But it was a good trial while it lasted.  I enjoyed working through the tutorial up to the simulation portion.  Thanks.

Top Tags