cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

10.2 not automatically selecting the promotion folder

davehaigh
11-Garnet

10.2 not automatically selecting the promotion folder

We have a folder in each of our products for promotion request. Don't ask why, that's the way the system was set up.

The OIR tell the promotion request where to go. Works find in 9.1.

In 10.2-m020, it sees where to go but it's not selecting it automatically.

This is how it appears when you start a promotion request. Note that autoselect is not selected, but it knows what folder to go to.
[cid:image001.png@01CFE314.6F464140]

I have to manually select the folder.

What do I need to change in the promotion request OIR to get it to actually select this location instead of the select folder choice.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

4 REPLIES 4
BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:davehaigh)

This is in my constraints section of my Change Notice OIR. Does it work for your Promotion Requests too? The key is probably the GetServerPreGeneratedValue.

<attrconstraint id="folder.id" algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" ignore="false" force="false" final="false">
<value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerPreGeneratedValue"></value>
<value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetImmutableConstraint"></value>
</attrconstraint>

I also had to update the Change Notice OIRs. The folder selection worked in 9.1, but not 10.2.

Thanks,
Ben

While not needed in 9.1, an additional constraint is now required in the promotion request OIR.

<attrconstraint algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GatherAttributeConstraints" id="folder.id">

<value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetServerPreGeneratedValue"/">

<value algorithm="com.ptc.core.rule.server.impl.GetRendererConstraint">

<arg>SelectGeneratedFolderByDefault</arg>

</value>

</attrconstraint>

This code is not work for PR. if it possible please check the code and give me the right on.

Thank you.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:smadhavaram)

Did you set a folder by modifying the folder.id section from Default to Default/promotion?

Did you type the option in correctly?

Top Tags