cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

3D Thumbnails not Displayed in Firefox with Windchill 11.1 M020?

ScottMorris
17-Peridot

3D Thumbnails not Displayed in Firefox with Windchill 11.1 M020?

Hi,

This is a bit of a support question, but with so many people getting off Chrome due to the lightbox popup issue, I now have problems with Firefox not displaying the 3D thumbnail on details page for CAD and Parts and the Visualization panel in the PSB. The 3D thumbnail loads, but its immediately replaced with a gray color. If you RMB in the gray box, the 3D thumbnail will appear and spin, but as soon as you let go of the MMB, it goes back to gray. Weird. 

Thoughts? 

Work-around is to turn off 3D thumbnails in Preferences -> Visualization

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PTC confirmed this issue and informed me the fix would be in CPS14. In testing today, I see that Firefox has auto-updated to v79 and the problem has gone away without the installation of CPS14. Magic.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@ScottMorris I know that there was a security update for Firefox and Firefox ESR on July 2nd.  This might have affected this.  I do not use Firefox for Windchill so I cannot answer that.  The releases are Firefox 78 and Firefox ESR 68.10.  I would check and see if either of these are what you are on.  Especially if it was working before.

PTC confirmed this issue and informed me the fix would be in CPS14. In testing today, I see that Firefox has auto-updated to v79 and the problem has gone away without the installation of CPS14. Magic.

Top Tags