cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

A document soft type is missing in the Type dropdown list

MJ_10676909
1-Newbie

A document soft type is missing in the Type dropdown list

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.2

A document soft type is missing in the Type dropdown list in the New Document window. I enabled lifecycle , checked access its not denied. Seems some issue with OIR but not able to figure it out , correctly added internal name and lifecycle changed from basic to custom advance lifecycle in the name area in the OIR.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @MJ_10676909 

First if you ask to help with OIR you should provide the OIR definition.

It can be miss spelling the lifecycle name or the Lifecycle template is disabled on the specific level. Check all..

Also I would check the type and attribute management if the subtype has set Instantiable to yes it is very important

HelesicPetr_0-1684147494279.png

PetrH

@HelesicPetr : thank you for quick reply ! Lifecycle name is correct and its enabled .

2. Instantiable is Yes.

3. If I change the Lifecycle name its working , I am able to see soft type in dropdown  but if i choose the required one its not working .  Not able to resolve it . 

Mrunali

The trouble can be that Lifecyclie template is on wrong level.

Site/Org/Product/Library. so you need to check lifecycle where is defined, and then check if is enabled. 

Also check if the OIR definition level can access to the lifecycle. For example, the Org level definition of IUR can not see product level.

PetrH

Hello MJ_10676909,

I'm Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe: Was the information provided helpful somehow?

Kind Regards,

Charles Gautier.

Top Tags