cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Accidently completed approval task in Windchill.

JACrim
4-Participant

Accidently completed approval task in Windchill.

In my Change Request process for a document approval the "Outside Approval Process" task was accidently "Completed" and it went to the next step "Create New Change Notice".  How do I bring it back to the "Outside Approval Task"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:JACrim)

Not knowing that workflow but if you do not have a route back from the Create New Change Notice, you cannot go back unless you restart the workflow and advance back to the Outside Approval Process step. Setting the state back to Open on Change Request and having it kill running workflows should restart it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Not knowing that workflow but if you do not have a route back from the Create New Change Notice, you cannot go back unless you restart the workflow and advance back to the Outside Approval Process step. Setting the state back to Open on Change Request and having it kill running workflows should restart it. 

d_graham
17-Peridot

A while back someone post the question how to restart a terminated workflow. It’s doable. I posted this example showing it’s doable.

How to restart a terminated workflow 

In short, you can terminate your workflow and then use this technique to restart the workflow and start which ever activity you want.

In my example, I show the running activity at the time of process termination as the activity that gets restarted. But that’s just an example. You can certainly restart an activity that was inadvertently completed.

Top Tags