cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Add to Project weirdness 10.2-m020

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Add to Project weirdness 10.2-m020

In 10.2-m010 I was able to RMB on a selected item and from that menu pick Add to Project.

In 10.2-m020 this menu is grayed out.
[cid:image001.png@01CFD97E.B8382E30]

However on the same page, if I pick Actions pull down menu then Add to Project is available and it works. I am able to add to a project.
[cid:image002.png@01CFD97E.B8382E30]

Anyone seen this. Is there a setting that is causing the problem?

The TSE got the following response from R&D which wasn't helpful.
When the "Add To Project" action is disabled, it typically is because the user does not have all the required permissions to share the particular object. The action from the "Actions" menu does not validate to the same granularity.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

2 REPLIES 2
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:davehaigh)

That is odd, but the TS statement appears to be correct. As a Project Manager, I can share the file using either UI. As a Project Member, I cannot share via RMB, just as you have shown.

If you attempt Add to Project using the Actions menu, can you complete the process? If you cannot, then the TSE is correct.

PTC does do some additional processing of the RMB Actions compared to the Actions menu in the toolbar. All the RMB actions are validated based on your account permissions where the Actions button in the toolbar is not.

Either way, it should be consistent.

-Scott

After doing some more testing today, it appears that it's an isolated problem to a Product. I'm not sure if others have the issue or not. But most don't have the issue.
I just happended to pick the one that had problems.

I'm just lucky that way! 🙂

David Haigh
Announcements

Top Tags