cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Add to workspace in Windchill 10.0 M020 - object states

BuddyHudson
1-Newbie

Add to workspace in Windchill 10.0 M020 - object states

To all,

When adding an assembly into a workspace, the system collects objects for the assembly based on your choice of All, Required, or None. I know that the dependencies that are collected are the "Latest" in the system. What if you wanted to pull only the objects that were in a "Released" state into the workspace? Would you not want only the objects that were released by config management to be the latest objects being put into th workspace?

Would appreciate some help on clarification about this from any who can help.

Thanks,

Buddy Hudson

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Buddy,

I can see a problem with what you are proposing. What would you have Windchill do if there wasn't a Released state for one or more of the components of the assembly? The assembly would be retrieved without all of the needed components.

Micah

Hey Micah,

Yeah your right because there may be some objects that have never been in a "Released" state. I just want it to give me the objects, for whatever assembly I am adding, which are in a "Released" state and whatever others it needs to add in for regeneration of the assembly.

Buddy

ScreenShot001.JPG

Have you tired using the "advanced collector", and then editing your current filter, to see if this collects the "released" CAD data per your initial inquiry?

The screen shot above is from a WC10 M020 system.

I tested this in one of my WC10 M020 instances and it only added CAD objects in the state of "released" to my workspace.

Regards,

Mike E.

Top Tags