cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Set State - Display the states that the object is supposed to go

RajeshM
2-Guest

Set State - Display the states that the object is supposed to go

Hi All

I am using PDMLink 10 system. I have modified the Lifecyle template for Set State transitions. But when i go to the object -> Actions -> Set State, the window is showing all possible states rather than the one allowed as per Change Transition in the Life Cycle.

Example: If my object is in Design State, I would like to display only Prototype in the Set State option, where as the system is displaying all other states as well. Is there any way to make Set State to display only the possible next states.

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:RajeshM)

As part of my debugging, I would attempt to actually set the state to one of the invalid states. If it succeeds without error, that may mean that you have configured your lifecycle template incorrectly (maybe wrong context?) or that it just doesn't work as expected/intended.

Hi Mathew

I have verified my lifecycle template designed for the same. I am able to move to any state than the one i would like to restrict it to. Since I am new to the tool I would like to know can we achieve this functionality through configuration of Lifecycle template or some other way.

Thanks

Rajesh

MaxC
6-Contributor
(To:RajeshM)

Did you try as an admin or regular user ?

As Actarus stated make sure to test as a regular user, not as a user with admin or "full access" permissions.

Also,

Make sure your OIR for this Windchill object using the modified lifecycle template has been updated to use the modified lifecycle template.

Happy Holidays,

Mike E.

Top Tags