cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Adding Lifecycle Template as a search criteria in Advanced Search for Part, EPM Doc, Doc, etc..

sdrzewiczewski
7-Bedrock

Adding Lifecycle Template as a search criteria in Advanced Search for Part, EPM Doc, Doc, etc..

I see that you can add it to the table view, but would like it to be a search criteria. We are changing lifecycle templates, and want to filter out objects that we've already changed.

4 REPLIES 4

I couldn't find a way to do this from search. Need to use a query builder report.

Hello

You can use a Info*Engine Task or the Windchill Java API to search for the life cycle template of an object.

Yes,but the end goal is to use the actions from the search results table to "Reassign Lifecycle Template" and info*enginer or java api, it would get more complex than it needs to be.

Dave DeMay pointed me in the right direction i think

<wt_home>\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\search\server\ t

there are serveral properties files one SearchableAttributes.properties and another SearchableAttributesByType.properties

so to the SearchableAttributes.xconf file i added a property

<property name="lifeCycleTemplate.name" default="MBA|state.lifeCycleId^WCTYPE|wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleTemplate~MBA|name"/">

and to the SearchableAttributesByType.xconf i modified a property

<property name="advancedSearch.wt.part.WTPart" default="rohs_consumer,rohs_infrastructure,rohs_server,jig_a,jig_b,reach_svhc_candidate,reach_svhc_authorization,reach_svhc_restricted,reach_svhc_suspect,gadsl_and_imds_app_prohibited,elv_automotive,thePersistInfo.createStamp,iterationInfo.creator,defaultUnit,lock.locker,search_name,search_number,ownership.owner,source,state.state,partType,thePersistInfo.modifyStamp,iterationInfo.modifier,view.id,organization.id,oemPreference,endItem,versionInfo.identifier.versionId,iterationInfo.identifier.iterationId,lifeCycle.id"/">

xconfmanager -p

restart windchill

no luck. Any thougths?

In Reply to James Felkins:

Hello

You can use a Info*Engine Task or the Windchill Java API to search for the life cycle template of an object.

PTC Tech Support has the attached tool to batch reassign lifecycle
template for a given type.
The tool was written for 9.0, so use it at your own risk and verify it on
a test environment

Regards,
Bjarne

Stephen Drzewiczewski <->
15-07-2011 00:59
Please respond to
Stephen Drzewiczewski <->

To
<->
cc

Subject
[solutions] - RE: Adding Lifecycle Template as a search criteria in
Advanced Search for Part, EPM Doc, Doc, etc..

Yes, but the end goal is to use the actions from the search results table
to "Reassign Lifecycle Template" and info*enginer or java api, it would
get more complex than it needs to be.
Dave DeMay pointed me in the right direction i think
<wt_home>\codebase\com\ptc\windchill\enterprise\search\server\ t
there are serveral properties files one SearchableAttributes.properties
and another SearchableAttributesByType.properties
so to the SearchableAttributes.xconf file i added a property
<property name="lifeCycleTemplate.name" <br="/>default="MBA|state.lifeCycleId^WCTYPE|wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleTemplate~MBA|name"/>
and to the SearchableAttributesByType.xconf i modified a property
<property name="advancedSearch.wt.part.WTPart" <br="/>default="rohs_consumer,rohs_infrastructure,rohs_server,jig_a,jig_b,reach_svhc_candidate,reach_svhc_authorization,reach_svhc_restricted,reach_svhc_suspect,gadsl_and_imds_app_prohibited,elv_automotive,thePersistInfo.createStamp,iterationInfo.creator,defaultUnit,lock.locker,search_name,search_number,ownership.owner,source,state.state,partType,thePersistInfo.modifyStamp,iterationInfo.modifier,view.id,organization.id,oemPreference,endItem,versionInfo.identifier.versionId,iterationInfo.identifier.iterationId,lifeCycle.id"/>
xconfmanager -p
restart windchill
no luck. Any thougths?

In Reply to James Felkins:
Hello
You can use a Info*Engine Task or the Windchill Java API to search for the
life cycle template of an object.

Site Links: View post online View mailing list online Send new post
via email Unsubscribe from this mailing list Manage your subscription
Use of this email content is governed by the terms of service at:
Announcements

Top Tags